Its Whats For Dinner

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Pepper Chicken Curry Sauce w/ Rice

Chicken Curry w/ Rice

This was, I think, my first white sauce ever. I blended four tablespoons of white flour into half a stick of butter. While doing that, I also simmered 2.5 cups of milk with four whole cloves, two bay leaves and a good pinch of nutmeg. Also at the same time, a finely chopped onion was simmering in the other half stick of butter and a few raisins. After about ten minutes, I poured the milk in with the flour/butter mix through a strainer and cooked it down, constantly stirring. I also added about five tablespoons of curry powder, generous helpings of ground black pepper and some salt to the onions (later I would also add pepper oil for additional kick). Oh, and all this time about 1.2 pounds of chopped chicken breast was steaming and the rice cooker was going. When the sauce had cooked down sufficiently I mixed everything together. It turned out to be not bad on the rice. If it was just me eating it, I’d add more pepper, maybe paprika. Next time I’ll wait to throw the raisins in at the end and maybe try substituting coconut milk for a part of the regular milk or adding it in at the end as well.

1 Comments:

  • Does having a new born inspire such work?

    By Blogger Joe, at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home